Logout Issues

jerryzak

Logout Issues

Postby jerryzak » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:33 pm

This is really a "cosmetic" change request...

1) I was originally going to write a request for including "Logout" link/button within Amahi web dashboard UI.
Before writing that I decided to do a search if such request already exist, and than look "one last time" around the interface to see if I missed it.

Well... I did miss it... It's right there at the very bottom next to the "Live Help | Forums". Which may actually be a perfect example why it may be a good idea to move it to a "more prominent" spot within the UI. Perhaps in the upper right corner next to "Setup | Help | Apps" ?

2) In any case, a second issue is closely related subject.

Most web interfaces that require Login also will do Logoff after specified time of inactivity. Perhaps such functionality could be added to a list of future improvements to web dashboard. I guess placing check box and text box / pull-down for specifying desired time period within Settings tab would be most sensible.

cpg
Administrator

Re: Logout Issues

Postby cpg » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:26 pm

very good points, sir!

the autologout functionality is actually implemented, we just need to expose it sensibly.

any time we expose something to the UI we analyze it a bit.
we probably should expose it only when advanced settings is on.

would you be so kind as to file a feature request? (login first, file a new issue under platform, then "feature")
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1