New user feedback.

locutis

New user feedback.

Postby locutis » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:14 am

Hi,

I'm a brand new user, learned about this from FLOSS and must say I'm impressed. What really works for me is that Amahi feels a lot more polished than other similar projects I've tried.

One bit of feedback: (hope this is the correct forum). It took me forever getting the DLNA app working. It turned out that I didn't have RPM fusion installed. The only documentation I was exposed to mentioned that certain RPM fusion packages would be required but did not list the packages, or instruct me to install RPM fusion.

Since RPM fusion is effectively a dependency of the Amahi DLNA this might be more clearly documented.

Otherwise loving it, and considering getting involved if the project can use testers etc.

Brett

pjcrux

Re: New user feedback.

Postby pjcrux » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:45 pm

I'm a brand new user, learned about this from FLOSS and must say I'm impressed. What really works for me is that Amahi feels a lot more polished than other similar projects I've tried.
THANK YOU!!!
One bit of feedback: (hope this is the correct forum). It took me forever getting the DLNA app working. It turned out that I didn't have RPM fusion installed. The only documentation I was exposed to mentioned that certain RPM fusion packages would be required but did not list the packages, or instruct me to install RPM fusion.
Please send an email to support at amahi dot org and list this out. bigfoot65 is the application packaging manager and rampage537 is our Test master extraordinaire and can & will resolve this issue immediately.
Since RPM fusion is effectively a dependency of the Amahi DLNA this might be more clearly documented.

Otherwise loving it, and considering getting involved if the project can use testers etc.
Can we use more testers? uhh.... YES!!!! send another email to support dot amahi dot org and state your desire to join the project. We have many roles in which you can join or help out. As a member of the core group I thank you for wanting to help!
Community Advocate
HP Proliant Micro Server N40L, AMD Turion II Neo x2 1.5GHz;
8GB ECC-DDR3; 250GB for OS, 3x1TB.

"Experience has taught mankind the necessity of auxiliary precautions"
-James Madison, Federalist Paper No. 51

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: New user feedback.

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:02 am

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback locutis. This should be up front so users know.

I have added a note to the the applications description which indicates that the RPM fusion apps need to be installed first. This should ensure users know before installing DLNA.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2