Apps Suggestion: Subsonic and Deki Wiki

prickly

Apps Suggestion: Subsonic and Deki Wiki

Postby prickly » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:24 am

I would like to suggest the inclusion of Subsonic and Deki Wiki in future releases of amahi.

Subsonic is a free, web-based media streamer, providing ubiquitous access to your music. Use it to share your music with friends, or to listen to your own music while at work. You can stream to multiple players simultaneously, for instance to one player in your kitchen and another in your living room. http://gosubsonic.com/pages/index.jsp

MindTouch (Deki - formerly DekiWiki) is an open source leader in enterprise Collaborative Networks and powers next generation intranets, extranets and knowledge bases.http://www.mindtouch.com/

These are both great apps that I feel would add to the Amahi experience!

cpg
Administrator

Re: Apps Suggestion: Subsonic and Deki Wiki

Postby cpg » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:10 am

good suggestions - subsonic is already in.

the other one, can i ask you to suggest it via our application suggestion page? that way we register it and we can contact you when we add it.

also, as you interested in packaging it?? :D
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:51 am

Deki Wiki has already been suggested and it's on the list. I have briefly looked at it. I intend to try and work it in the next few days.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

prickly

Postby prickly » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:52 am

I have manually installed Subsonic on Amahi now - but could not find the lame codecs (which is not a big deal personally as I do not transcode my music). The only other issue is that Subsonic defaults to port 8080, though I believe that there are workarounds for that. I have noticed that the look up for lyrics does not seem to be working in the 3.7 or 3.8 releases anymore and it looks like this is due to changes on the pages that are scaped, not so much an issue with Subsonic. These things are minor though as the core functionality of Subsonic is great and it is also a very attractive application too ...

Dekiwiki has it's own "installer" in the repositories (for Ubuntu at least) and even then it needs to be set up and some commands run to clean it up before use - so this would be more challenging to include in Amahi I think. The main challenge that I have had with Deki is trying to get the email side of things working for watching pages and for password resets.

I have installed both of these on Ubuntu ... I am sorry to say that I do not have any experience with packaging applications ... not that I am adverse to learning new things, this is my first Fedora install too!