Amahi with att U-verse

pandaman

Amahi with att U-verse

Postby pandaman » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:21 am

I'm hoping someone can help. My HDA has been up and running successfully for a couple of months with minimal issues. I recently changed my ISP from Comcast to att U-verse. Prior to changing, my setup had a router connected to the cable modem and access to the HDA worked properly. Now my setup has all my hard-wired computers (including my HDA) hooked up directly to the supplied U-verse appliance. Now, when I have the HDA up and running, none of the attached computers (wired or wireless) are able to access the internet, including the HDA. After I shut down the HDA, once I reboot any of the client computers, I am able to get on the internet again. Any ideas on what I might need to do to correct this issue?

Thanks.

John

cpg
Administrator

Re: Amahi with att U-verse

Postby cpg » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:24 pm

this sounds like your network settings changed in the process. not surprisingly, since these are two radically different systems.

unfortunately, we don't have great support for this. :(

the best thing would be to find out what your new settings are, create a new profile in http://amahi.org and reinstall with that new profile.

HOWEVER, before that, you can try the following
  • Create a new profile in http://amahi.org, with your new settings, write the install code
  • Once the profile is ready use, do this:

Code: Select all

hda-install -n INSTALLCODE
will be happy to help here or via the support email at amahi.org to help you transition. this will help us support this better in the future.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

gottaloveit

Postby gottaloveit » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:02 pm

I have uverse and there are a couple ways to do this. I also am using a netgear router, and here's what I did.....

1. plug a computer direct to uverse router, computer must be set to DHCP. log into uverse router, i think its http://192.168.1.254/
2. if you decide to use a router like i am doing, go to the home network firewall advanced tab, enable DMZPlus on the computer it detects as your router.
3. if you use a router, make sure the 2nd router LAN IP subnet is not 192.168.1.X like linksys does
4. if you don't use a router, and want HDA to manage DHCP, go to Home Network tab, advanced settings. there you can disable the dhcp, and set the IP subnet of your LAN.
5. then setup the rest like the HDA instructions.

Sorry these are vague, it took a couple attempts when i set up my network a few months ago, but the key is logging into the uverse router at the above link. the password is the serial number on the label on the bottom of the router, but you can change it once you login. Hope that helps.

dam_it_chris

Postby dam_it_chris » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:45 pm

Don't put the computer in dmz mode, it makes the computer insecure. What I did was up an other router in DMZ mode and connected the computers I want to connect to the computer connect to the other router. ATT routers suck for servers, the firewall is a pain.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:08 am

totally agree with dam_it_chris!

putting your server as a DMZ is just dangerous!

his solution is pretty smart - get another router - they are cheap today!
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

teegray1124

Postby teegray1124 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:33 am

can you explain chris a little better, having the same issue

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:36 am

Not sure there will be much response here since the thread is 6 years old.

Hopefully someone with the same issue has a solution and can assist.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2