HDA Dashboard Password

gwynap

HDA Dashboard Password

Postby gwynap » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:03 am

Just wanted to share my experience with some password-related stuff. There is 1 user on my HDA. Now maybe I wasn't supposed to do this, but I changed my password in the shell using "passwd". Some time later I realized that my HDA Dashboard password was still the old one, so I changed the password in Setup->Users. Once I did that I got locked out of the HDA Dashboard next time I tried to log in. No old or new passwords worked.

The Forums helpfully suggested using the reset-user-passwd script. It ran successfully without any options (if you try -u the script quits with an error) and changed my user and hda passwords. I haven't tried Samba yet.

I run Webmin so at least I have control of my user password regardless of the above.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: HDA Dashboard Password

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:22 pm

Now maybe I wasn't supposed to do this, but I changed my password in the shell using "passwd".
No user passwords are to only be changed from the dashboard.

That will change it in both Amahi and Linux.

Glad you got things sorted out, but best to use the dashboard in the future. Will ensure the best experience.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2