New feature request for Amahi 11 and a small bug report

tighernain

New feature request for Amahi 11 and a small bug report

Postby tighernain » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:00 am

Hi guys,

Thanks for the great work.

One feature that I would love to see is in Network, DHCP leases. I would like to be able to assign a name to any unknown device using it's mac address so if I am trying to debug a network problem I can easily identify every item connected to the network.

Another useful feature (purely security related) on the same tab would be the ability to see all devices that have logged on to the network and now long they have been active/in-active. After a certain period of inactivity these devices can drop of the list.

Oh and one bug I have noticed in settings/details using misrosoft edge bowser. The current Kernel version is hyperlinked. If I click on it, my PC will open a skype window which wants to call some poor sod who's mobile number is the same as the kernel version. I live in Australian and mobile numbers start (0)4 here.

Thanks guys.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: New feature request for Amahi 11 and a small bug report

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:32 am

One feature that I would love to see is in Network, DHCP leases. I would like to be able to assign a name to any unknown device using it's mac address so if I am trying to debug a network problem I can easily identify every item connected to the network.
This is already part of #Amahi. It's done via fixed ip function in the Network tab.
Another useful feature (purely security related) on the same tab would be the ability to see all devices that have logged on to the network and now long they have been active/in-active. After a certain period of inactivity these devices can drop of the list.
This is already done via DHCP Leases in the Network tab. Devices show up when the get access to the network and drop off when the lease expires if they are no longer found on the network.

If you are looking for greater detail, then please submit the feature request in the bug tracker. This is our primary means for feature requests as the forums are not frequented by our developers. Please post the bug number here.

BTW check the app store as there may be an application to satisfy what you desire or you could suggest one.
Oh and one bug I have noticed in settings/details using misrosoft edge bowser. The current Kernel version is hyperlinked. If I click on it, my PC will open a skype window which wants to call some poor sod who's mobile number is the same as the kernel version.
This is not an #Amahi issue. It's to do with default program associated in Windows. There is plenty of guidance on the internet on how to change it.

If you want to identify a bug or feature request, the forums is not the place.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2