Apps recommend for amahi user

afrarnokia

Apps recommend for amahi user

Postby afrarnokia » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:39 am

Hi ,
I am new amahi user . I am using this for file server nothing more . I have DELL POWER EDGE server with 4 HDD .
1* 1TB
3* 4TB
Right now i just basic instal amahi and run server . I connect 4 other pc's thru withit. I access files thru HDA
AS i told you i using this only for file server nothing more .Please recommend me what apps should i need to buy .
And other thing is if i save some files in hda its save in one drive only i cant use other drive .pls see pic
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (29.8 KiB) Viewed 1481 times
Thx a lot

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Apps recommend for amahi user

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:40 pm

And other thing is if i save some files in hda its save in one drive only i cant use other drive
Shares by default are saved in /var/hda/files which is on the / (root) partition. In order to use the other drives, you need to use greyhole-ui App or change the share path to those drives. You can see the path name as shown in the shares extra parameters screen shot in the wiki.

As for apps, if you only plan to use the HDA as a file server there aren't really any apps needed. For remote access, you could try openvpn App or amahi-anywhere App. There are many apps in the #Amahi store that would enhance the basic file server capability.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2