Running a database website

tomtheappraiser

Running a database website

Postby tomtheappraiser » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:35 pm

I'm trying to find out how to start a webpage that sells real estate sales data to other appraisers in my area. In my research I've found the best way to do this is with a MySQL DB. Currently, I have my database as a MS Access Database.
So, I had a couple of questions maybe someone here could help me out with:
1) Does Amahi already come with MySQL installed? If not, do I just install it as per the vanilla Fedora 23 instructions?
2) I wanted to run it from my HDA server so since it is a pretty big database (lots of pictures and attached PDFs, etc to each property.). Could you suggest any apps that would help with this?
3) If not, could you suggest any links to other forums or inscrutable that would show me how to do this?
4) If I'm running this strictly off of Fedora platform, will it conflict with my HDA?

Thanks in advance

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Running a database website

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:20 pm

1) Does Amahi already come with MySQL installed?
Yes MariaDB is installed. It's the replacement for MySQL and uses the same commands.
Could you suggest any apps that would help with this?
There are a few to choose from, such as phpmyadmin App and adminer App are the favorites.

BTW, open-realty App is available in the Amahi store that might be useful.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2