Amahi Server Status Phone App

rdagijones

Amahi Server Status Phone App

Postby rdagijones » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:41 am

I have helped several others set up Amahi servers. (I count 7 so far.) They really enjoy the benefits of Amahi. When they run into problems they call me if they cannot figure it out. It would be great to get notification on my phone when the server has a problem. Is anyone using a phone app to monitor the status if their Amahi server? I would prefer an app that notifies me, as opposed to something I have to regularly check. I have this one installed on my Android phone (http://smallapk.com/Server-Monitor-Server_lite-APK.html) but cannot get it to connect to my Amahi server when I am out of network. Any suggestions?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Amahi Server Status Phone App

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:22 am

It would be great to get notification on my phone when the server has a problem.
Your best option would be to use a server monitoring app and have it send you emails where there are problems.

There are Amahi options, such as nagios App and php-server-monitor App. I run them on a Raspberry Pi, then add all the servers I want to monitor to them. I receive email alerts when certain services are down on a server or when the server actually fails to respond.

Trying to find a phone app is difficult and they often don't work well.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2