Show Us your home server

shu

Show Us your home server

Postby shu » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:32 am

I wanted to be the one to start this thread. I am at work right now and will update with picks shortly. I would love to see how you have your setup. Post pics of your home server setup. This can include you home theater or anything that connects to your HDA.

This should be great.

marcel

Re: Show Us your home server

Postby marcel » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:41 am

Ok i'll be the first one.

Server inside

Server front

Watt

My HDA cpu: E1400 2Ghz; motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H; memory: Team 2Gb DDR2; 200GB OS HDD, 2x western digital GP 1TB storage HDDs; case: Antec P182

hallie

Postby hallie » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:13 am

Hi,

This is my server which I am currently setting up. Old laptop 1.4 celeron C/w 768 ram 60gig HD + USB1.5 TB HD.
once happy with it put sit closed behind desk on its side. When transfering files from xp machine to usb drive on server cpu @ 20% to 40% and memory half full. (shame drive isnt firewire as the lappy has that connection)

Must say so for a great app, easy to install with my limited linux, using as file/print server will add SABnzbd when i can work out how? cant see it on the app list?
Attachments
homeserver.jpg
homeserver.jpg (81.16 KiB) Viewed 487781 times

Lincee

Postby Lincee » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:44 am

ofcourse i couldnt be far behind..
i took down my box for maintenance (added a bluetooth module)
so here are some pics!

The box still powered on, the first led shows its power status (blue when on)
the seccond one shows the HDD activity (orange when writing)
On top of it sits our Wireless Netgear router, thanks to BK for mentioning the little muscle!
it fullfills its tasks well!
all are happy internetting in my little space of this big big world.

This would be me..
see how small the box really is?
and still it fullfills its tasks well!

a standard sized remote controll, for comparison!
also note the backof the box..
almost no useless connectors!

the insides..
topleft you see the casing for the harddrive (primairy one)
top middle is the back of the panel as we saw it in the last picture.
topright is the power connection that leads to the bottom view, over the fulllengt you'll see the power housing!

as you see, lots of cables still running loose, but im still not done with this little one ;)
it will have more memory later on, another harddrive (so i can run a raid config!) and some aditional modules
(bluetooth, wifi, and some more im still finding ideas for)

all in all, its a Work In Progress!
LANTEA: Amahi 7 (vm), HP Proliant Microserver, 8GB RAM, 2x 1TB HDD, 1GB eth

shu

Postby shu » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:45 am

sabnzbd has been removed from the app list until we fix the current bugs with it.

hallie

Postby hallie » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:27 am

sabnzbd has been removed from the app list until we fix the current bugs with it.
ok thanks for letting me know.

moredruid
Expert

Postby moredruid » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:41 am

here's some pics of our "butler" :lol:

edit: removed from webserver

only the keyboard, network and power are really connected, the vga cable is only hooked up to a monitor if I really need it.
as you can see I have plenty of room for another 2 HDDs :D
Last edited by moredruid on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D2173656C7572206968616D41snlbxq' | dc
Galileo - HP Proliant ML110 G6 quad core Xeon 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 2x750GB RAID1 + 2x1TB RAID1 HDD

cpg
Administrator

SAB is back

Postby cpg » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:45 am

ok thanks for letting me know.
BTW: sabnzbd was brought back as the problem was found to be a local problem from one user.

[sorry, i don't know how to fork this into a separate thread/post from the 'show us your server one']
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:15 am

moredruid, your case looks surprisingly similar to a case i have for a backup machine for a server i got.

here is the front of my current HDA (with an amahi magnet on it):
hda-with-amahi-sticker.jpg
hda-with-amahi-sticker.jpg (51.55 KiB) Viewed 487545 times
i just lent my first HDA prototype (an old dell laptop) to a friend to test amahi. the bugger was still booting and working after like two years. i wanted to take screenshots to post here for the embarrassment value, but there was not enough time.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

lou1z

Postby lou1z » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:59 pm

here's mine.......

Brief description:
Antec 1200 case
Intel Quad 6600
8gb OCZ 1066 memory
dell perc5i 8xpci-e raid (raid 10)
4 x 2tb samsung sata2 (raid 10)
intel mt dual gigabit + 1 nvidia gigabit (motherboard)

plenty of modding gone on in there. the north & southbridge heatsink & fans (noisy things) have gone and been replaced with zalmans. there's a passive heatsink on the processor. plenty of fans but they move so slow, you cannot hear them.
3x 120 at the front with filters which push the air over the drives cages keeping them cool which then travels over the heatsinks and out the back via the 2x 120 fans. there's a 200mm fan at the top and they all glow a nice shade of blue.
antec have made a monster case with this one. all the cables are hidden around the back so nothing getting in the way and all finished off with a nice black! exhausted air is cool but i don't overclock.
this server is running exsi4 and booting from usb (usb stick at rear) with the storage on a 8gb raid 10. so amahi is just one of the servers on it. all going off via vlans and out via the latest wrap pfsense.