Freezing on boot sequence

stueyboy

Freezing on boot sequence

Postby stueyboy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:18 am

Guys, hoping someone can help me out. I have probably overstretched my linux ability with this one and the current situation is the following;

I'm a fan of Couchpotato and wanted to try the new version as Amahi currently only provides the earlier version, so I uninstalled it and set up the new version as a web-app using the git resource and this initially went smoothly.

The service started OK manually and was working fine. I then followed instructions to set up the service to start at boot (https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPota ... /README.md) using the script that is supplied with the package.

On reboot, the Couch Potato service is hanging the system and not proceeding. This is where I'm out of knowledge as I'm unable to diagnose how to get the system up and running to remove the service. Basically I want to be able to remove the auto start command but don't know where to look. I suspect I'm going to have to do this via a rescue or live disc which I have available so if anyone can provide help on where to start that would be great. Don't want to have to rebuild the system.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Freezing on boot sequence

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:11 am

Probably correct, boot a Live CD and mount the OS drive. Then find the file you added and remove it or edit the file you modified and comment our the commands.

Once you do that, you should be able to get past the issue. BTW, we have the newer CouchPotato in testing, so if you are interested in helping please PM me your amahi.org user name.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

stueyboy

Re: Freezing on boot sequence

Postby stueyboy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:05 pm

Thanks for the reply. I did just that and dug through the rc.d folders and deleted all the symbolic links to the dodgy script and the machine booted OK after that. CP v2 seems to be working OK at the moment and it launches OK as a web-app just need to manually start it.

On a wider note, I've noticed that NZBmatrix has closed it's doors not long after Newzbin did the same so it's getting tough to find an indexing site to get the content. I'm now reliant on torrents and piratebay is blocked in the UK by BT.