Amahi reached sixty thousand (60,000) registered users...

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Amahi reached sixty thousand (60,000) registered users...

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:09 am

on March 15, 2012. For those who don't use FaceBook, below is a copy of the announcement:
Hello! Today Amahi reached sixty thousand (60,000) registered users and to commemorate the occasion, we would like to start a new app release marathon through the St. Patrick's Day weekend!

The idea is to release a number of apps that look stable in testing and pound on them to make sure they work well. If any issues are found with an app we will pull them for diagnosis and repair. The more people we have installing and testing the new apps, the more rapidly we can detect issues!

We will be releasing the Apps and gathering feedback on Facebook and Twitter so make sure you like and follow Amahi. Please share Amahi with friends. Feedback on Amahi is always welcome!

(In the mean time, the team keeps on working on the Fedora 16 preparations)
We released 12 apps for Fedora 14 beginning on Friday and finishing Sunday. Below is a list of what is now LIVE and available for all:
On behalf of the Amahi Team, we hope you enjoy the new apps. Thanks for your continued support!
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

cpg
Administrator

Re: Amahi reached sixty thousand (60,000) registered users..

Postby cpg » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:10 pm

Great milestone! Thanks to all of you for sharing Amahi with friends and family and making this possible!!

Many accolades for our testmaster general bigfoot65, as well as the rest of the team!
on March 15, 2012. For those who don't use FaceBook, below is a copy of the announcement:
Hello! Today Amahi reached sixty thousand (60,000) registered users and to commemorate the occasion, we would like to start a new app release marathon through the St. Patrick's Day weekend!

The idea is to release a number of apps that look stable in testing and pound on them to make sure they work well. If any issues are found with an app we will pull them for diagnosis and repair. The more people we have installing and testing the new apps, the more rapidly we can detect issues!

We will be releasing the Apps and gathering feedback on Facebook and Twitter so make sure you like and follow Amahi. Please share Amahi with friends. Feedback on Amahi is always welcome!

(In the mean time, the team keeps on working on the Fedora 16 preparations)
We released 12 apps for Fedora 14 beginning on Friday and finishing Sunday. Below is a list of what is now LIVE and available for all:
On behalf of the Amahi Team, we hope you enjoy the new apps. Thanks for your continued support!
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

Lincee

Re: Amahi reached sixty thousand (60,000) registered users..

Postby Lincee » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:29 am

Now that's an awesome post to come back to!

I'm glad to return to these forums and this project :)
albeit in different form then before :)
LANTEA: Amahi 7 (vm), HP Proliant Microserver, 8GB RAM, 2x 1TB HDD, 1GB eth

dhendry

Re: Amahi reached sixty thousand (60,000) registered users...

Postby dhendry » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:13 pm

i am not a new registered user.
I just recently updated to Amahi 9 & fedora 23.
was running an Amahi server with fedora 12 installed in 2010 before this update.
that machine ran 7x24 the entire time.
no issues at all. :D
was able to gracefully move to a newer machine.
install instructions for the upgrade were excellent.
the addition of zoneminder to the Amahi apps 8-) means I can consolidate down to one machine in the ;) IT room ( laundry closet )
the new IPsec VPN apps to include android & iphones make this even more useful.

my sincere thanks to the the amahi team for their efforts.

cheers

dh

cpg
Administrator

Re: Amahi reached sixty thousand (60,000) registered users...

Postby cpg » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:17 pm

Always great to get some good experiences from users, specially long-term users! Thank you!

Directions on the update are credit to @bigfoot65 and (IIRC) @megabitdragon, who tested the update a couple of times!

Thanks again!
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1