Fedora 16

funwithfotos

Fedora 16

Postby funwithfotos » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:22 pm

The installation instructions say to use a bootable DVD of Fedora 14. Is Fedora 16 acceptable? That's the version I have.

radioz

Re: Fedora 16

Postby radioz » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:52 pm

No.
Amahi is not available for Fedora 16 yet. You really need Fedora 14.

PatrickDickey

Postby PatrickDickey » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:20 pm

No.
Amahi is not available for Fedora 16 yet. You really need Fedora 14.
I'm just curious if there's a timeframe for when Amahi will be available on Fedora 16? I only ask, as Fedora 14 is somewhat old, and I'd imagine that the support life-cycle would be coming to an end at some point. Also, what would the implications of installing Amahi using Fedora 14, and then running an upgrade to Fedora 16 be?

Thanks, and have a great day:)
Patrick.

P.S. Based on the Fedora Project's website, Fedora 14 reached End Of Life as of January 8, 2012 (2 months after Fedora 16 was released).

dashbad

Postby dashbad » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:27 pm

I was also wondering if there was an update on this. I am about to build a new server this week and was hoping to use Amahi. If it makes sense I would like to wait for the new Fedora 16 version.

I appreciate all the Devs are working voluntarily on the project in their free time so its hard to give an exact timeframe.

Alternatively will it be straightforward to upgrade a Fedora 14 Amahi installation to the new version on Fedora 16 when it is released?

Thanks

PatrickDickey

Postby PatrickDickey » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:40 pm

I was also wondering if there was an update on this. I am about to build a new server this week and was hoping to use Amahi. If it makes sense I would like to wait for the new Fedora 16 version.

I appreciate all the Devs are working voluntarily on the project in their free time so its hard to give an exact timeframe.

Alternatively will it be straightforward to upgrade a Fedora 14 Amahi installation to the new version on Fedora 16 when it is released?

Thanks
Per their Facebook page, it sounds like mid-February for the time-frame (unless it slips). And it sounds like they recommend a reinstall, since there are a lot of changes in the underlying code. Although I think it also said they'll try to make upgrades work. If you're on Facebook, i'd go to their page and "Like" it, so you can keep up (and ask questions).

Have a great day:)
Patrick.