Questions About Amahi & Greyhole as a download server

Antonis78

Questions About Amahi & Greyhole as a download server

Postby Antonis78 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:37 pm

I completed a WHS to Amahi migration, 2 days ago and I am at the process of transferring data to my new Amahi server. Since I plan to use the Amahi as a download server as well I have one question:

I plan to install Transmission, pyLoad and JDownloader (if I can, because I am running headless). From my little understanding regarding Greyhole, I think that it needs samba to work, correct? So, my question is this, since the downloaders will be using the folders directly and not through samba, does that mean that my pool will not be used or maybe that Greuhole will not work?

Another question: Can I configure Greyhole to run its maintenance at another time and not at midnight? I would prefer it do it in the morning while I am at work

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Questions About Amahi & Greyhole as a download server

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:14 pm

Hello,

There is guidance in the wiki for Greyhole.

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Greyhole

What you need for local files is to install the http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Mount_Shares_Locally part.

As for changing the times it runs, that can be done easily I am sure. Check out the wiki guidance.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Antonis78

Re: Questions About Amahi & Greyhole as a download server

Postby Antonis78 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:46 am

Thank you for the reply.

If I understand it correctly, if I mount my shares locally then the downloaded files will be saved in the pool and Greyhole will be able to include them in the balancing process, correct?

So, in the Transmission Preferences I must put as the download folder this path "/mnt/samba/Torrents" or should I leave the default "/var/hda/files/Torrents"?