Need some help setting up domain

TommyDJ

Need some help setting up domain

Postby TommyDJ » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:41 am

Hi there,

I just built my new server, and I'm currently running it alongside my WHS box while I'm transferring all my data from the old to the new server.
Amahi works fine, I just have a problem with the domain part with which I can browse my add-ins. When I click one of these (like http://sabnzbd or http://apps-proxy) I get an error page (about:blank).

I'm already as far that it's a domain name problem, but my skills in this area lack too much to be able to fix it.
For the domain to enter during installation, I used a domain name I registered a few weeks ago: tdej.eu
The domain hoster has a control panel for my domain, where I can set up all sorts of things like subdomains and such. It looks like this:

Here I can add, edit and remove entries.
As I said, my knowledge in this area isn't really good. I can imagine I need to enter something there to make this work, but what? Currently there's a simple website running on it, which is hosted by my WHS box.

I hope someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance!

razzz

Re: Need some help setting up domain

Postby razzz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:23 am

Tommydj

Amahi uses its own DNS service whatevername.yourhda.com. this is what you registered when you setup your amahi service. In terms of what you are trying to achieve here, you need to point your I dont think this is going to work, as you need to point your A record to the ip adress of whatevername.yourhda.com.

you can try the following use your domain name to setup hosting with a hosting company and then use webforwarding to forward for example home.tdej.eu to whatevername.yourhda.com.

if I get some time this week I will try this setup and let you know my findings