www.amahi.org down

bsk

Re: www.amahi.org down

Postby bsk » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:38 am

Tim,

What cpg means is if you update your OS to F10, the Amahi software repository would automatically change from the F9 location to the F10. This is where the Amahi Home Server software is pulled from during application and platform installs/updates. This is typically transparent to the user and that's why it's automatic when you upgrade your OS.

If you want to upgrade your OS from F9 to F10, then you would need to download the DVD image as you stated and recommend you perform the upgrade option. That is what worked best for me. Keep in mind, there are risks with doing an OS upgrade and you should back up your data. Should the upgrade fail, you could lose it all.

I hope this answers your questions.
Note do not let this scare you, I have not seen many failed updates with linux, and I updated cleanly with no problems.

Just make sure you iso or torrent download is from http://www.fedoraproject.org or a certified mirror from the site and you should be good.

Backing up is always essential in any kind of drastic change, so I would still recommend it.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

twegner

Re: www.amahi.org down

Postby twegner » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:36 am

Tim,
I hope this answers your questions.
Thank you very much! I surmised as much, but seeing your instructions helped a lot. After I do the F9 to F10 upgrade, if someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll look for a place to document the process in the wiki.

I'm glad you found my question, because I realized after I posted that my question, while a reasonable response to a thread post, had nothing to do with the thread topic! Chaotic thread drift at work :-)

Tim