[SOLVED] slow dashboard

mehmetb

[SOLVED] slow dashboard

Postby mehmetb » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:58 pm

Hi everyone,

Amahi is great, but its user interface loads REALLY slow. I timed it and here are the results using firefox on a fairly fast wireless network:

- 2 minutes for Amahi's login screen (http://hda) to appear
- 2 minutes 24 seconds for the main screen to appear (after entering the password)
- Another 1 minutes for the "Setup" menu to appear.
- Another 5 (!!!) minutes for the "Shares" tab to open.

So, I spend more than 10 minutes just to change a setting. This is far too inconvenient.

Besides that, I am fairly happy with the DLNA and file sharing speed. I can watch high definition videos on a remote computer without a problem. My problem is only with the interface. I would appreciate any suggestions to improve the speed... Is it just me or is it slow for everyone? Please help!

PS: I run the server on a PIV 2.80 GHz machine with 768 MB RAM. During these tests, the CPU load was only ~30%.

cpg
Administrator

Re: slow dashboard

Postby cpg » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:44 pm

something is going on. that is defintitely ridiculous.

loading my user's page (5 users) takes a fraction of a second. the shares tab, with 18 shares, takes about 1 second.

this hardware is a really old opteron, with a lot of memory.

can you run "top" in a terminal, before and during reloading the shares tab and report back?
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

mehmetb

[SOLVED] Re: slow dashboard

Postby mehmetb » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:19 pm

Wrong alarm, my mistake :oops:

This was a fresh installation, so the system was performing a huge update in the background. Also vmstat was showing high paging activity, I guess my 768 RAM was not enough. That's why CPU utilization seemed low. All is back to normal now.

Thank you very much for your reply!