Custom Web-apps and Shares

bsk

Custom Web-apps and Shares

Postby bsk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:05 am

OK, I am having a little problem, and this problem arose with the new versions of Amahi.

I test all of my PHP written sites on my home server before I upload them to my web server, to make changes, test bugs, new features, etc. I do this because its the easiest way to test.

Back int he day, before Amahi 5.0, I was able to make a share, and then make a web app and make the directory for that web app the same as the share. I did this so all I had to do was drag and drop edited files into the share, and then access them with http://webappname/sitetestname and I was all set, without having to setup FTP on the home server then upload that way to the web app directory.

I also did this because I have a second hard drive mounted at /var/hda/files for all shares. This hard drive is bigger than the one with Fedora/Amahi. I do this because, if Fedora or Amahi were to crash, I still have all my backups, images, music, etc on my secondary drive and can wipe the first one for a clean install and not lose anything important.

I have tried symlinking the html/ folder in /var/hda/web-apps/webappname to the shared folder, but this gives me a problem, no coding language will run. I have copied over php files, but they do not render the php code at all, and the logs show nothing to indicate it even tried to. The only thing that works is HTML.

Is my problem from the symlink, or could it be because of a php file needed to make this work? Or is this because the files are located on a different hard drive than what PHP is installed on. I find the latter unlikely as it is still mounted on Fedora itself.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

cpg
Administrator

Re: Custom Web-apps and Shares

Postby cpg » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:40 am

i think we helped you a bit on the IRC over this, but did you get it fixed?
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

bsk

Re: Custom Web-apps and Shares

Postby bsk » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:28 am

What was discussed in the IRC chat was what I did and did not resolve the problem, as the php engine would not run the site. I tried many sites and scripts that I know work with the current release of php and still no go.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.