icalendar

rampage537

icalendar

Postby rampage537 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:29 pm

Well being that I have been gone a while and need to get back in the swing and have never used a calendar app except for google calendar I am going to ask possible a stupid question.

Install went great no issues, how do you use it, how do you integrate google calendar into it or any other type of calendar, I looked on the wiki http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Calendars, and it appears that it does not really apply to the icalandar one-click app, maybe there should be further instructions for people that have never used it before, but I could be missing or not finding the info also.

rampage537
Testmaster Manager
Amahi HDA Custom Dual 2.7 GHz, 3 GB DDR2 (667MHz) Ram, 80GB HDD for OS + 1TB and 320GB HDD for Share Drives

cpg
Administrator

Re: icalendar

Postby cpg » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:35 pm

so, iCalendar is really a new version, as a web app, not as a built-in app, of the old calendar.

it's read-only calendar browser. to create calendars, you just publish them in the calendar server (as described in the wiki).

yeah, maybe we need a better description or special instructions or maybe a wiki page for this app.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

jcleftie

Postby jcleftie » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:29 am

I like the aesthetics of this, especially the ability to change the themes and such but I'm sad at the fact it's read-only. While I may be able to figure out how to publish calendars and make them viewable, the other members of my family/biz group that need to use it, don't. These people are a fair distance away (I'm in utah, one in vegas and one in south texas) so it's not something I can easily walk a non-technical person through.

I see there are some other calendar apps (as beta), but before I go installing all of them, can anyone give me an idea if they'll do what I need?

Thanks!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:57 am

There are a few good ones. WebCalendar is read/write capable as well as the others. iCalendar is the only one which is read only.

Hope that helps.

Bigfoot65
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2