CLOSED: Amahi Sync problem

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Amahi Sync problem

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:12 pm

The network card is likely the issue.

Is the second one disabled in the BIOS? Can one be removed from the system?

Doesn’t seem so as the OS indicates two network cards. Only one can be active in the OS.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

steveblakemore

Postby steveblakemore » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:09 am

Hi,

I tried disabling it in the BIOS, but I couldn't see that option. They're built-in ports, I can't physically remove one.
I'll double check the BIOS, and maybe contact the manufacturer, see if there's a BIOS upgrade available.

Thanks,
Steve

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:43 pm

Most BIOS provide options to disable the port.

Not sure what else to suggest.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

steveblakemore

Postby steveblakemore » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:58 am

OK, so now it's all gone horribly wrong.
I couldn't see any option to disable a network port. I downloaded the latest BIOS from the manufacturer, although I'm sure I was already on that version (it was almost 5 years old, the machine is about 7).
I followed the instructions very carefully to install this version, and that went through without any errors or problems. And that was the last time I saw or heard anything from my device :(
So I've tried everything I know to get it going again, but there's nothing happening. No beeps, no display, nothing. I've disconnected all the disks, taken the CMOS battery out, tried it with no monitor connected, Nope!

So now I want to get my data off the disks. I was using Greyhole. I have a USB to ATA/ATAPI device. I've plugged that into a Windows PC, but nothing shows up in File Explorer. I'll have a look in the Wiki and this forum, and if I can't get it working, I'll start a new thread.

Thanks for your help with this job! Maybe I'll try again with another machine, I'll make sure that it only has one network card/only one enabled!

Steve

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:10 am

Oh no. Sorry to hear it didn't go well.

As for recovering your files, you likely need an app to read the Linux file structure.

There are several out there, to include portable versions for Windows.

Will mark this thread as closed.

Good luck and will be here if you need additional help.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager