CLOSED: Unable to find Disk Wizard App after upgrading to Amahi 11

galley

CLOSED: Unable to find Disk Wizard App after upgrading to Amahi 11

Postby galley » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:28 pm

Hello all,
I did a clean install of Amahi 11 and have installed apps I previously had except for Disk Wizard. It does not appear on the list of available apps. I have multiple disks to reinstall and will be using greyhole to pool the drives. Can anyone give me some direction please? I am still relatively new to Linux, so any basic instructions will be greatly appreciated.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Unable to find Disk Wizard App after upgrading to Amahi 11

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:01 pm

If you look in the app store, you will see disk-wizard App is not currently available for Amahi 11.

App is broken and you will need to follow the manual guidance for adding drives.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

galley

Postby galley » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:01 pm

Thank you. I have done a clean install of Amahi 11. Do I need to re-format the same hard drives that I had installed with the previous Amahi (I think I had Amahi 9 before). My guess is after the drives are installed, then I will need to follow the greyhole instructions to set that up again. My last question - are there plans to fix Disk Wizard to be able to use in the future? Thanks for your kind assistance.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:14 pm

Do I need to re-format the same hard drives that I had installed with the previous Amahi (I think I had Amahi 9 before).
The Greyhole data drives can be reconnected.
My guess is after the drives are installed, then I will need to follow the greyhole instructions to set that up again.
Yes you will need to setup Greyhole. In order to reuse the drives, the shares will need to be named the same as with Amahi 9. Only shares you installed manually should need added.
My last question - are there plans to fix Disk Wizard to be able to use in the future?
Yes as with any app that becomes broken, our goal is to fix it. Not sure if it will get fixed for Amahi 11 though.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2