Ports or direct links to apps?

jkbuckethead

Ports or direct links to apps?

Postby jkbuckethead » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:26 pm

Recently upgraded to Amahi 10, and I'm glad to say everything seems to be working. I did run into trouble trying the upgrade path, but the clean install went off without a hitch. Now that it's up and running I've tried installing some utilities like Greyhole LogMon, Greyhole Disk Utilization and eZ Server Monitor.

I am currently using pfsense as my router, and I am not inclined to change my DHCP server because I have invested a good bit of time creating DHCP leases for all of my devices. The router also has a VPN that requires me to configure bypasses for certain IP addresses so I prefer to manage all this in one place.

I have entered my HDA IP for the pfsense DNS server. With this configuration none of the utilities work at all. I entered the full address, http://ghlog.mydomain.net/ but all I get for all three apps using Chrome is a blank white screen. I don't get a DNS or 404 error, it just sits there at a blank white screen. This doesn't seem like a browser issue since the apps also produce a blank white screen using Opera.

For testing purposes, I did temporarily change the DNS and DHCP to the HDA. When I did this, all of the apps worked as expected. Unfortunately, as stated above I don't like this as a permanent solution.

I have past experience with dashboard links that don't work. Specifically with Plex, but it was easy to find the port so I could link directly to Plex. The workaround for this was fairly simple, just creating a link to the HDA IP plus the port number. Can I do the same with these other apps?

If so, is there a way to find the ports for each app?

I tried to find ports in the wiki and forums, but the only info I found was a 2 year old list that did not include any of the apps above.
https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/App_Ports

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Ports or direct links to apps?

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:03 am

Can I do the same with these other apps?
Unfortunately no. These apps you mentioned all operate on port 80. The only way to easily access them is if you are using the HDA for DNS.
I tried to find ports in the wiki and forums, but the only info I found was a 2 year old list that did not include any of the apps above.
The list if only for apps that do not use the traditional port 80.

One possibility is to change the port for each app. You might check out Change Port guidance in the wiki. Please understand this is not tested nor supported, so you are on your own should you choose to use it.
I have entered my HDA IP for the pfsense DNS server.
Another option is to set your router to use the HDA for DNS, then on the HDA you can do a custom DNS to utilitze your ISP DNS. This will loop in the HDA as well as keep your ISP DNS and router DHCP. BTW the HDA has to be the sole DNS server for your router.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2