phpBB General Error

spaceman

phpBB General Error

Postby spaceman » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:31 am

Code: Select all

General Error SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ] Table 'phpbb.phpbb_config' doesn't exist [1146] An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
When navigating to phpBB from the HDA page.

Also where is the setup/installation process for selecting an existing MySQL database?
myHDA: TranquilPC BBS ~ Intel Atom D510 1.66 GHz ~ 4GB DDR2 RAM ~ 3TB Data Storage [RAID5]

bsk

Re: phpBB General Error

Postby bsk » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:31 pm

Hmm. Does this happen every time you navigate to the page?

Also, on a one click install, it automatically (or should) insert all data into the mysql db, so that all you have to go to the forum and login and change settings etc. That way theres little interaction to the user.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

bsk

Postby bsk » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:04 pm

Try installing now, I have installed some depends that might help the problem, let me know.

Also a couple of things, are you using Fedora 10 or 11?
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

spaceman

Postby spaceman » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:35 am

OK, I removed and reinstalled with an identical result.

Fedora release 9 (Sulphur). :mrgreen:
myHDA: TranquilPC BBS ~ Intel Atom D510 1.66 GHz ~ 4GB DDR2 RAM ~ 3TB Data Storage [RAID5]

bsk

Postby bsk » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:39 pm

Ahhh fedora 9. Im sorry but I have not tested on F9. Is there any reason you have not upgraded to F10 or just not heard its supported?

If you would like to upgrade (highly recommended unless you've had problems with F10) then all you need to do is download the Fedora 10 DVD ISO file and burn it to a DVDR. Pop it in and boot from it, select the upgrade option, and let it run its course, then boot into your newly updated HDA and run the FIRST command on the Fedora-10 WIKI page: http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Fedora-10 and you should be all fixed up. Nothing should be lost, BUT

I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU BACKUP IMPORTANT FILES

This update procedure has been done time and time again with no problems, so I think it will for you as well, but you can NEVER be too careful.

If you need more guidance let me know or stop by the IRC Channel and chat with me (username bk)

spaceman

Postby spaceman » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:32 am

Ah...back at home after a week working away. Thank you for the response. I'll get right on the backup (better safe than sorry) and then upgrade to FC10. I've no objection to upgrading, I prefer to be using the latest (except, as you say, when there are issues).

I'll report more results as soon as I have some. Ta!

spaceman

Postby spaceman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:51 pm

OK the upgrade went reasonably well. I do, however, get this error when logging in via VNC which probably accounts for why my uShare folders are unavailable. Everything else *appears* to work.

spaceman

Postby spaceman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:52 pm

OK thanks for you help cpg, the yum update all fixed the file sharing and Nautilus error. I now have a server upgraded to Fedora Core 10 and exactly the same error message from phpBB...

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:17 pm

check the error logs for phpbb please (under the logs/ directory for phpbb ... probably /var/hda/web-apps/phpbb/logs/).
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

spaceman

Postby spaceman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:16 am

Hmmm...

Code: Select all

[Tue Sep 22 21:58:35 2009] [error] [client 192.168.1.101] File does not exist: /var/hda/web-apps/phpbb/html/favicon.ico
Well, I had a few favicons lying around so I copied one to the above location so I have no errors in error_log now...
:mrgreen:

Pokey, pokey, pokey...Aha! Table 'phpbb.phpbb_config' doesn't exist - there are no tables in the phpbb database. LOL that can't be right.

OK I deleted the phpbb SQL database with phpMyAdmin (I don't know what I'm doing but I love breaking things). I uninstalled phpBB with the Dashboard and reinstalled. A phpbb SQL database was added but it contains no tables...is that right :?:

:lol: