Photo Gallery app?

mcinroy

Photo Gallery app?

Postby mcinroy » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:53 am

Hello.

From what I have seen, the packaged app options include Coppermine and Gallery3.
Gallery2 is listed in App Gallery, however is listed as "beta"... and the beta/tester program is frozen.

Is the Gallery2 app available at all? Are there other options? Can anyone suggest popular choices for a photo gallery on Amahi?

Thanks for your help.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Photo Gallery app?

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:58 am

Is the Gallery 2 app available at all?
It has been promoted LIVE.

Please let us know if there are any issues.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

mcinroy

Postby mcinroy » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:46 am

Is the Gallery 2 app available at all?
It has been promoted LIVE.
Wow. Thank you very much!

I suppose I am risking going off topic here... in hindsight, I should have outlined my expectations/goals a little better.
I was hoping there might be an app that allowed a photo gallery view of picture share(s)... perhaps even used the Amahi user database for authentication, i.e. was integrated with Amahi.

After tinkering with Gallery2 briefly, it appears that this would suffice if (i) I created user accounts for my Amahi users and (ii) they created and maintained their own galleries, using files from their shares...?

EDIT: Ok, so, I just discovered the plugins. Wow.
Updated plea for help (to save me digging through Gallery2 help docs): does anyone here have any experience integrating Gallery2 with Amahi as I have described above? There is so much provided in plugins that it's likely... but if anyone could provide some tips, it would be appreciated (and would make a nice wiki article... that I would be willing to write).

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:53 am

No problem.

There are a lot of options with the app.

Hopefully someone can jump in and assist.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2