how to view code of app installation script

alver

how to view code of app installation script

Postby alver » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:46 pm

Can anybody explain me how I can view the code of the app installation script.

In particular I am interested to learn from the "monitorix" installation script.
My goal is to be able to manually perform the required installation steps, and apply that to integrate new applications into Amahi.

Thanks!

Alwin.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: how to view code of app installation script

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:06 pm

The only way to see the code is by being given contributor access to the app. There is not a lot of mystery to the install script. It's basically shell commands to perform functions to install and configure the application. Not sure it will help you to see it.

Do you want to manually add apps to your HDA, but not from the Amahi store? If that is the case, you basically follow guidance for the app. There are some other steps, such as creating the web app and database. Those are in the wiki. You cannot create links on the dashboard manually however without manipulating the database. This is something we do not recommend for users.

If you have a test case, I can try to assist as time permits.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

alver

Postby alver » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:32 am

Hi Bigfoot65,

Can you send me the monitorix app install script (still using Amahi 6 on Fedora 14)? Then I can try to figure out how it works.

By the way, creating links on the dashboard is not what I am after.

Thanks,

Alwin.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:01 pm

Where should I send it? Is there an app you want to install that is not in the Amahi store? We could potentially work on adding to together and you can learn hands on.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2