Transmission

marcel

Transmission

Postby marcel » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:13 am

Can anyone tell me were the config file from transmission is and how I edit this file? I think I'am looking for the file "settings.json"(I've searched). Other thing when I open transmission in the browser I'll get: http://transmision/transmision/ is this normal? Next question Transmission doesn't auto import files. I've setup the folder /hda/torrents any idea?.
My HDA cpu: E1400 2Ghz; motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H; memory: Team 2Gb DDR2; 200GB OS HDD, 2x western digital GP 1TB storage HDDs; case: Antec P182

cpg
Administrator

Re: Transmission

Postby cpg » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:08 pm

try /root/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

gordhynes

Postby gordhynes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:46 am

That folder doesn't exist... at least the way it's described in the post.

anyone else have the location?

bsk

Postby bsk » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:07 am

Login as root and then navigate to the location via:

Code: Select all

cd .config/transmission-daemon/
And cat settings.json. Or use vi or Nano to edit:

Code: Select all

<vi or nano here> .config/transmission-daemon/settings.json
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

marcel

Postby marcel » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:00 am

solution:

see the last post of this bug report.
My HDA cpu: E1400 2Ghz; motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H; memory: Team 2Gb DDR2; 200GB OS HDD, 2x western digital GP 1TB storage HDDs; case: Antec P182

mehmetb

Postby mehmetb » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:48 am

It's good to finally have a config file :)

That leaves me one last thing to solve... I would like to keep my torrents in an external drive, say '/media/EHD'. When I change the config file to point to '/media/EHD/torrents', transmission can correctly find it and start downloading. However, when I restart the server, transmission daemon acts quickly to check this location, cannot find this folder (as auto mount has not kicked-in yet), and then simply creates it. Because the folder name is taken, the auto mount utility mounts the HD to '/media/EHD_' instead... I end up with '/media/EHD' and '/media/EHD_' (!!!)

Is there a way to prioritize the init scripts, to make sure that Transmission daemon is initiated only after the drives are mounted?

Thanks!

(update: I could implement this functionality by placing a conditional in transmission's init script, which checks for the existence of the folder in a loop and continue only after it finds it. But I am sure there is a more elegant solution!)

mehmetb

Postby mehmetb » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:44 pm

Is there a way to prioritize the init scripts, to make sure that Transmission daemon is initiated only after the drives are mounted?
Uh... Just saw this one:

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Adding_ ... o_your_HDA

Sorry!