Using Jinzora to stream to Wii

spaceman

Using Jinzora to stream to Wii

Postby spaceman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:22 am

Allegedly this is technically possible, but I've yet to see a guide for getting it done.

If I can got streaming to the Wii to work and this knowledge can be integrated into the packaging of Jinzora for the Amahi then I suspect this could be a major force behind increasing uptake.

I have a working installation of Jinzora and the Wii Browser (Opera) installed. What do I need to do now? :mrgreen:
myHDA: TranquilPC BBS ~ Intel Atom D510 1.66 GHz ~ 4GB DDR2 RAM ~ 3TB Data Storage [RAID5]

bsk

Re: Using Jinzora to stream to Wii

Postby bsk » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:02 am

If your Wii is connected to the same network, go to http://jinzora in the browser and it should take you to it.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

spaceman

Postby spaceman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:28 am

I shoulda said, I have done that and I do get the Jinzora interface. OK, it looks like craps because it's not optimised for a console browser bit I can connect fine. Playing media, either audo (mp3, flac, ogg) or video (.avi, .mpg) does not work at all. I've selected XSPF (Spiff) in my pref's when clicking play on a movie or music file nothing happens.

On my PC (WinXP) Firefox offers to download playlist.xfpf for me, which is not quite what I'm looking for. I want to file loaded into the embedded player, if I can get this working the Wii Browser should be able to cope too.
myHDA: TranquilPC BBS ~ Intel Atom D510 1.66 GHz ~ 4GB DDR2 RAM ~ 3TB Data Storage [RAID5]

bsk

Postby bsk » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:08 am

http://en.jinzorahelp.com/forums/viewto ... 9323#19323

That should be a fix to that, we can probably integrate this into a new app as well.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

spaceman

Postby spaceman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:50 am

I think this could well fix all my problems...if I could find a copy miidia_player.swf but the linked site is gone and Google and could not find the player at all... :(

Anyone?

bsk

Postby bsk » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:07 pm

I think the best thing you could do is post in their forums asking for an updated version for it to work.

Ive been searching for a while now and cannot seem to find anything.

They will also be more help than I am. Whatever you find out please let us know, we might be able to package this as a separate app for those using the wii.

spaceman

Postby spaceman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:48 pm

Good plan. Ofc I'll feedback.