[SOLVED] Mediawiki internal redirects?

spaceman

[SOLVED] Mediawiki internal redirects?

Postby spaceman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:57 am

Sorry to be back here again so soon, after my installation n00b error I'm back with a (I hope not too obvious and simple) use issue.

When I try to either log in, or save an edited page, instead of being returned the main page after logging, or to the page I just finished editing, I am redirected to home.com (a placeholder site).

For example, if I edit Main Page everything is OK until I save and then the wiki directs me to mediawiki.home.com instead of mediawiki.mydomain.com. So if I use the URL http://mediawiki.mydomain.com/index.php/Main_Page I get to my wiki, if I edit the page and save it or click the mediawiki link in the Amahi dash I end up at mediawiki.home.com. :shock:

It looks like installation has not pulled the correct variable for mydomain and instead home.com instead for some reason. Easy to fix, botch, workaround? :mrgreen:
Last edited by spaceman on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
myHDA: TranquilPC BBS ~ Intel Atom D510 1.66 GHz ~ 4GB DDR2 RAM ~ 3TB Data Storage [RAID5]

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Mediawiki internal redirects?

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:56 am

Hello,

There was a mistake in the configuration file. It has been fixed.

To manually correct it so you do not have to reinstall, edit the LocalSettings.php file. It is located in /var/hda/web-apps/mediawiki/html folder.

Around line 20 or 21, you will see:

Code: Select all

$wgServer = "http://mediawiki.home.com";
Remove the .home.com and leave it without a domain or you can replace it with your own.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for pointing it out. Users who install from now on will not have to deal with this issue thanks to your efforts.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

spaceman

Re: Mediawiki internal redirects?

Postby spaceman » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:24 am

To be honest I'm glad! I was dreading some /facepalm user error again. NP we all make mistakes and the manual workaround is simple! Hacking about a config. file is well within my capabilities. ;)

Very, many thanks.
myHDA: TranquilPC BBS ~ Intel Atom D510 1.66 GHz ~ 4GB DDR2 RAM ~ 3TB Data Storage [RAID5]