[SOLVED] Mediawiki installation [user] error

spaceman

[SOLVED] Mediawiki installation [user] error

Postby spaceman » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:29 am

I had some layout issues with my installation of mediawiki so I decided to start from scratch.

I have removed and reinstalled a couple of times. This is the error page I get when browsing to mediawiki now:

Code: Select all

A database error has occurred. Did you forget to run maintenance/update.php after upgrading? See: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading#Run_the_update_script Query: SELECT value,exptime FROM `objectcache` WHERE keyname = 'mediawiki:messages:en' LIMIT 1 Function: SqlBagOStuff::get Error: 1146 Table 'mediawiki.objectcache' doesn't exist (localhost)
Suggestions? :mrgreen:
Last edited by spaceman on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
myHDA: TranquilPC BBS ~ Intel Atom D510 1.66 GHz ~ 4GB DDR2 RAM ~ 3TB Data Storage [RAID5]

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Mediawiki installation error

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:25 am

Uninstall the app, then look in /var/hda/dbs for anything that has mediawiki in the file name. Remove those files, then try reinstalling.

When you uninstall any app with a database, Amahi backs that up. Some apps have been configured to look for that backup file and restore it when you install the app.

If that does not resolve you issue, please check the app install log for errors. I will take a look at the app when I get home from work.

BTW, as an alternative you can get your own online wiki for FREE at http://wikkii.com/wiki/Free_Wiki_Hosting. It works well from anywhere.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

spaceman

Re: Mediawiki installation error

Postby spaceman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:40 am

:oops: Man, I'm so embarrassed I removed and reinstalled several times through the GUI. I used phpMyAdmin to double check that the database had been removed and didn't give a first thought to the wiki files in /var/hda/webapps never mind any back up of these files!

Of course I browsed straight there (backed up) and deleted the whole mediawiki folder. Job done. Really I should've fixed this myself...utterly rudimentary. Sorry to have wasted your time. Many thanks for the swift response and resolution! :idea:
myHDA: TranquilPC BBS ~ Intel Atom D510 1.66 GHz ~ 4GB DDR2 RAM ~ 3TB Data Storage [RAID5]