AjaXplorer & Extplorer

thomasps

Re: AjaXplorer & Extplorer

Postby thomasps » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:07 pm

As root user, do hostname and see what it returns.

I also make my domain and workgroup the same, so never had any problem. Maybe if they are different, Amahi gets confused.
It returns "CONDOR" which is the name of my Amahi machine. I also tried to change the workgroup name to CONDOR in the dashboard. Same error as above :evil:

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:55 pm

CONDOR is the hostname or is it the domain? If it's the domain, then did you add that to the script config file for mount local shares?

Just seems odd that you are having difficulty. I presume you have rebooted your HDA when trying these steps. I had issues with mount local shares trying to mount a dir that was not there. Once I restarted, that dir went away.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

thomasps

Postby thomasps » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:05 pm

I seem to have resolved mounting shares locally. All I had to do was to remove/delete mnt/samba/. After I did that a follow the usual instructions and everything is back a working as normal! :D I wonder if the script gets stuck if it encounters an existing directory and cannot replace it?

On another note the problem with Ajaxplorer persists :(

thomasps

Postby thomasps » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:19 pm

...and now I have resolved the Ajaxporer issue. Basically, if you are using Greyhole, then the default file location in Ajaxplorer needs to be changed to the samba location.

DragonQ

Postby DragonQ » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:20 pm

I have the Extplorer app installed but when I access it via my web browser and go to /mnt/samba, all of the share folders (e.g. "Downloads", "Video", etc.) are empty.

Any ideas?

thomasps

Postby thomasps » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:05 pm

Install AjaXplorer instead then if you have Greyhole, you need to modify the preprogrammed links to point to your Samba share. In your HDA dashboard under installed app you will see a link in AjaXplorer pointing to the wiki article that guides yyou through modifying the links.

DragonQ

Postby DragonQ » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:19 am

Thanks for the suggestion but that isn't working for me either. I changed the "Docs" repository to point to "/mnt/samba/" but then when I try to go into any of the sub-directories I get this error:

Also, whenever I use right-click in any of these Amahi Apps, the right-click menus are always hidden by the default Firefox right-click menu. How do I stop this from happening?

thomasps

Postby thomasps » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:26 pm

Thanks for the suggestion but that isn't working for me either. I changed the "Docs" repository to point to "/mnt/samba/" but then when I try to go into any of the sub-directories I get this error:

Also, whenever I use right-click in any of these Amahi Apps, the right-click menus are always hidden by the default Firefox right-click menu. How do I stop this from happening?
Did you try mapping it to the specific folder (e.g. Documents, Music etc.)?

DragonQ

Postby DragonQ » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:08 am

Yes, I get the same error.