Wordpress not showing all the pictures or themes

iinoskillzii

Wordpress not showing all the pictures or themes

Postby iinoskillzii » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:44 pm

I have an issue with getting my wordpress site to show up correctly( iinoskillzii.yourhda.com ) . as you can see it doesn't show any of the pics or theme info. All this shows up fine on the LAN. This leads me to believe it is my router, but with both port 80 and 443 mapped to the server I don't know why this wouldn't work just fine..

Any ideas?

-Dan

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Wordpress not showing all the pictures or themes

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:54 am

Interesting. I have seen this happen with some apps. Unfortunately, not all apps will work outside the network. Not sure if its something to do with javascript or what.

Recommend you try searching Amahi and WordPress forums to see if you can find an answer. I will try to see if I can sort it out as time permits.

There may be someone here who has experienced the same issue and can help. Good luck and please let us know if you figure it out.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

iinoskillzii

Postby iinoskillzii » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:47 am

Thanks for the help!

I am not getting anywhere on the wordpress forums and this leads me more to believe this is a local problem. Wordpress may be detecting my super crappy bandwidth but even there it's just some text and links.. And it also Happens with the mobile site..

I am interested to see if the same issue happens if I try the other wordpress app (blog). I will give that a try and report back.

cburner

Postby cburner » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:00 pm

I went to your blog and tried clicking on the post titles to go to that page directly and the links are not set up right which could be what your problem is. I click the title vLog 17: “A end” and it resolves to http://wordpress/?p=34 which is incorrect. I am running wordpress on my server and when I click the post title, it takes me to the appropriate page on my server. It seems that it is not finding the php server correctly. If you can backup your posts, you may try a reinstall and see if that fixes it.

iinoskillzii

Postby iinoskillzii » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:15 pm

So:

I went ahead and reinstalled worpress, reset it up, same issue. I than went ahead with the install of the 'blog' app. And with that all you get is a 404 error. Keeping in mind these things work grand within the LAN.

I suppose it could be my router? It is forwarding port 80 UDP and TCP..

Hit me up with any other ideas... I'm game.

-Dan

spatialguru

Postby spatialguru » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:28 pm

I'm guessing that certain paths are hardcoded in the config files - e.g. where to find theme and image files. If you view the source text for your page (externally) you'll probably see which ones are hardcoded. Not sure there are ways around this since, in essence, you are trying to run the same app from two different host names (internal and external). No solution there of course, but if you want to use it externally you might be able to manually tweak some config settings for the app and put in your yourhda.com address as the base.

Hope that helps!

spaceman

Postby spaceman » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:12 am

Perfect timing, I have an identical issue. As you may see for yourself at http://spaceman.yourhda.com/
myHDA: TranquilPC BBS ~ Intel Atom D510 1.66 GHz ~ 4GB DDR2 RAM ~ 3TB Data Storage [RAID5]

spaceman

Postby spaceman » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:50 pm

YAY Great! I went to GoDaddy.com and bought a domain and redirected it to my server and added a ServerAlias to my10##-wordpress.conf pointing to www.ragequitblog.com. The result is hilariously the same as you can see: http://www.ragequitblog.com
myHDA: TranquilPC BBS ~ Intel Atom D510 1.66 GHz ~ 4GB DDR2 RAM ~ 3TB Data Storage [RAID5]

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:28 pm

the URL for the blog/wordpress app seems to be set to the local URL (i.e. http://wordpress), which does not resolve externally!

It has to match the base URL for the blog. In my view this is a design flaw in wordpress.

To fix it, go to
Settings > General
then set WordPress address (URL) and Site address (URL) to the external url you expect the blog to be at.

IMHO, it's a design flaw. The blog software and settings should be independent of all this!
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

spaceman

Postby spaceman » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:26 am

Man, you're absolutely right! I made the change in Settings | General to the Wordpress and Site URL and the themes started displaying. For images, the simplest thing to do is remove them all and upload them again. /sigh

Thanks very much for your help.