Transmission 403: Forbidden Issue

flickeringsight

Transmission 403: Forbidden Issue

Postby flickeringsight » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:07 am

Hi everybody. Yesterday I ran all available software updates on my system, it'd been a while, and afterward I cannot access the Transmission web interface from outside my local network. This was never in issue before.

I checked the settings.json file located in '/var/www/.config/transmission-daemon' and all the rpc-whitelist options are set to false. So I began to wonder if Transmission wasn't reading this file properly so I changed the rpc port from 9091 to 9092 and restarted Transmission with "/etc/init.d/amahi-transmission restart". Afterward Transmission was still responding on port 9091, not 9092.

The version number of my Transmission in 1.93 (10621). Could this version have a different default location for the settings files? I would be grateful for any help with this issue.

Thank you.
HDA: 2.6GHz Dual Core, Gigabyte MB, 2GB RAM, Blu-Ray, 320GB+1.0TB+2.0TB+4.0TB, Amahi 8

flickeringsight

Re: Transmission 403: Forbidden Issue

Postby flickeringsight » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:15 pm

After a lot of reading, searching and effort I've located three sets of configuration files for Transmission on my system:

/var/www/.config/transmission-daemon
/var/lib/transmission/.config/transmission
/var/lib/transmission/.config/transmission-daemon

I stopped Transmission with 'service amahi-transmission stop' and edited all three sets of 'settings.json' files to turn off whitelisting. After restarting Trans. with 'service amahi-transmission start' I am finally able to access the web interface again. What a pain, but at least Transmission is usable again.

So what's the deal? Which one of theses .config folders is Transmission actually using? I'd really like to know so I can get rid of the extraneous ones.
HDA: 2.6GHz Dual Core, Gigabyte MB, 2GB RAM, Blu-Ray, 320GB+1.0TB+2.0TB+4.0TB, Amahi 8