Horde groupware

whittalh

Re: Horde groupware

Postby whittalh » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:29 pm

EDIT: I cleared out /tmp/amahi-download-cache and tried installing Horde again, this time it worked! OpenGoo still says I need to walk through the install process. VCD-DB tells me an error occurred and to check the database configuration. *sigh*

EDIT: I did solve the problem of missing files in /var/lib/mysql/opengoo after looking at the install log, "wget" didn't get installed. Once installed I ended up with .frm, .MYI, and .MYD files BUT the install is still not complete and wants to walk me through the install process so something is still wonky.

Sorry for bringing up an old-ish thread, but I'm having this very same problem.

I installed Fedora 12 using the LiveCD (Install to HardDrive), then installed Amahi so everything was fresh.

Installing Horde does put the DB into /var/lib/mysql but I still get the message saying setup isn't complete.

Now, I wish this was the only problem. :( It seems EVERY app that uses mysql fails. Once installed, I go to the URL (Latest example is http://opengoo) and it tells me I need to finish the install process. Eventually I get to the screen to enter the mysql info and, of course, there's nothing there. So something is wonky with my mysql I guess. I can't even login to mysql as I don't know the password... EDIT: I searched and found what the root mysql password is.

I suppose I could re-install everything from scratch, but man...that's time consuming on the box I'm using to test Amahi out.

I suppose I could just remove the RPMs and start fresh, maybe I'll have better luck. The weird thing is some apps work fine. I installed "opendb" and it worked like a charm. Weird!

When I look at /var/lib/mysql/opengoo, this is the only file:

[root@amahi mysql]# ls opengoo/
db.opt

As for horde, all the data files are zero-length!

[root@amahi mysql]# du -chs horde/*.MYD
0 horde/horde_alarms.MYD
0 horde/horde_cache.MYD
0 horde/horde_datatree_attributes.MYD
0 horde/horde_datatree.MYD
0 horde/horde_groups_members.MYD
0 horde/horde_groups.MYD
0 horde/horde_histories.MYD
0 horde/horde_locks.MYD
0 horde/horde_perms.MYD
0 horde/horde_prefs.MYD
0 horde/horde_signups.MYD
0 horde/horde_syncml_anchors.MYD
0 horde/horde_syncml_map.MYD
0 horde/horde_tokens.MYD
0 horde/horde_users.MYD
0 horde/horde_vfs.MYD
0 horde/kronolith_events.MYD
0 horde/kronolith_shares_groups.MYD
0 horde/kronolith_shares.MYD
0 horde/kronolith_shares_users.MYD
0 horde/kronolith_storage.MYD
0 horde/mnemo_memos.MYD
0 horde/mnemo_shares_groups.MYD
0 horde/mnemo_shares.MYD
0 horde/mnemo_shares_users.MYD
0 horde/nag_shares_groups.MYD
0 horde/nag_shares.MYD
0 horde/nag_shares_users.MYD
0 horde/nag_tasks.MYD
0 horde/turba_objects.MYD
0 horde/turba_shares_groups.MYD
0 horde/turba_shares.MYD
0 horde/turba_shares_users.MYD
0 total

What in the world...?!

hfxrzw

Re: Horde groupware

Postby hfxrzw » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:43 am

Has this something to do with the advise not to try to install Amahi on a livedisk version of F12 but only to use the full version??