This document states that you are a roadmap-participant if:
> you are already helping us with patches, coding or beta-testing
> you are seriously planning to do so as soon as possible
> or if you are above moderate skilled in things like administering computers or servers,
or system development and you want to participate in the amahi project.
Until stated otherwise this is a draft version (meaning that it can change even as much as several times a day).
This is NOT a feature request topic, instead it is a roadmap topic,
Anyone participating in this topic should be aware that...
> The nature of this topic should be logical, 'best practice should always be ahead of personal gain'
If you want to request a feature, file it with: bugs.amahi.org and categorize it as a feature request.
If you want to help us determine the best order in witch certain changes should be made, this topic is where you should post.
Rules of participation are simple...
1: A roadmap is always subject of debate, you should first think of all the reasons why we should do things your way,
but here is a words of the wise... also try to think of as many reasons as you can find as to why you may be wrong ...
it will make you understand the issue better and it will make us clear that you have thought things through.
2: Don't post one liners, this is a serious topic and should be readable as best as possible
3: Quote the text on witch you reply: people may change their posts so make sure that they wont screw up your's
(by referring to a 'ghost post').
4: Always be clear about the time-frame you are thinking about if you don't exactly know how much time it may take to implement your ideas, you should ask questions about it
it will help you to better understand time-management and it will keep us from getting angry at you :P
5: To maintain readability in this topic please try to stick you the following
- when replying to more than one posters in your reply, please address issues in logical order (the oldest first).
- use the edit function if you want to clarify the post for later readers (for example when people ask you for clarification)
- if you want to add additional info use a new reply (don't reply with the 'edit' function unless for a specific reason)
- if you have updated your post - with some big changes, use the reply function to notify people about it,
a short "hi Joe thnx for your comments i updated [ url = link ] this post [ /url ] accordingly" should be enough
- describe to people what you updated in your post (use this post as an example)
Roadmap for Amahi 5.0 (planning phase)
- Implement a complete installer (no link to discussion topic yet)
- Moving Amahi authentication from mysql and pam to a hybrid sql / ldap backend (no topic yet)
- implement a way to determine a 'per user' and 'per service access-token' (no topic yet)
- implement Classless Inter Domain Routing (no topic yet)
- implement a modular management sublayer to amahi to enable easier porting to other distro's - (no topic yet)
- implement a mailserver
list of the latest few updates on this post ....
26/oct/'09 - started this tread, - few edits for spell checking.
27/oct/'09 - added a few new posting guidelines for better readability of this thread
27/oct/'09 - added a first few items to the roadmap