NOTE: INSTALLING WITH THE DEFAULT WILL DESTROY (REPARTITION AND FORMAT) YOUR ENTIRE MAIN DISK!!
As usual, the url is not listed here directly on purpose to avoid swamping our staging server by web crawling spiders (put http:// in front of this url below in a browser to download the ISO):
It's about an 824MB download (a little more than a standard CD -- we did not optimize for this yet).
Code: Select all
In this release the installer will ask for the install code and TWO reboots will take place -- one from the installer to a first boot, which is when Amahi installs, then one more reboot after Amahi installs, with a static IP in place. In addition, the installer:
- forces users to select a language
- forces users to select a timezone
- forces users to set up a root user at least
- the default pre-selects storage to standard partitions (no lvm) and full disk, but the user can override this
- the default pre-selects the keyboard to 'US'. this should not matter much, since it's a server and no desktop is expected, though the user can set it
Happy testing and please report bugs and workarounds!