Amahi 7 Express disk RC1!

cpg
Administrator

Re: Amahi 7 Express disk RC1!

Postby cpg » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:02 pm

I see. No, the root password was pre-set to "admin", so it was actually set already, as the UI said, but I can see how that can be confusing.

In the next version, we will do this:

- force users to set up a root user at least
- force users to select a timezone
- force users to select a language
- pre-select storage to standard partitions (no lvm) and full disk, but the user can override this
- pre-select the keyboard to 'US'. this should not matter much, since it's a server and no desktop is expected, though the user can set it

in this new version tried to fix the problem to kick off install, but something broke related to the amahi-installer.service and i am debugging that at the moment.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

inquam

Postby inquam » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:47 am

Will installing on existing Fedora 19 installs be supported once Amahi 7 is "done"? I have a new server I'm about to set up and I want to use Amahi on it later. But since it's not ready for prime time my idea was to install Fedora 19 on it and manually install greyhole and install amahi from the repo ones it's "released".
My HDA: Q6400, 8GB ram, 2x1TB disk in raid 1 for system drive, 6x2TB drives for storage

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:42 pm

I think it should work. In fact, the F19 repo (and before that the F18 repo) and the platform have been (mostly) ready to go for a while I have been using it in the way you describe (this is called "eating your own dog food or dogfooding") for a while.

What has taken a bit of effort is the exercise in packaging it as an express disk.

Now, we will still have to do some changes to the platform as we find bugs (we know of one with the app install button) and of course test and release apps.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1